A primary focus of the role is to automate the contract negotiation and management process, including supporting contracts through their lifecycle and to serve as a liaison with SPG’s business units, Legal department, and third parties. The Contracts Manager will be expected to provide all backup and training for Sales Team on a regular basis.
This role will need excellent communication skills in order to help the team provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented legal support. As a self-starting, experienced problem-solver, the Contract Manager effectively prioritises and drives issues to resolution within a team environment focused on growth, execution and process improvement.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and update contract templates as required
- Manage contract process, including identifying process improvements, shepherding contracts to completion, and putting in place contract automated systems
- Support contract management tools, and coordinate with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements
- Responsibility for triaging legal aliases, including answering questions from other teams and pointing people to available resources
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts and provide backup to Legal and Sales teams
- Develop and maintain legal wiki pages on various topics, with support from other team members
- Conduct company-wide training on the Contract Management process
- Oversee contract onboarding process for new customers
- Prepare email correspondence, presentations, and internal and external communications, as requested
- Seamlessly and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with multiple groups to understand and ensure consistency of legal processes
- Anticipate and propose mitigation strategies for potential risks in contracting processes and other legal areas as required. Handle confidential and highly sensitive information with professionalism
What are we looking for in you
- Extensive experience reviewing, negotiating, and analysing commercial contracts, with a desired emphasis on NDAs and service agreements
- In-house technology company experience
- Developed business acumen, with the ability to understand the company’s business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
SPG is an equal opportunities employer. For SPG building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.