This role can be based out of our London or Haywards Heath office - with flexibility for remote working arrangements.
An exciting opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary engineering team of UI Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Testers, primarily utilising React, Node, Typescript for both), and a serverless event-driven architecture hosted on AWS. Automation is at the forefront of our approach to testing, but we understand the need for manual and exploratory testing as part of the process
What you’ll be doing
- Work in an agile environment, being involved in stand-ups, planning, refinement, retros, etc.
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Business Analysts to help define business requirements.
- Develop automated end-to-end tests for the frontend and backend using Cypress, Typescript, and Cucumber
- Test APIs using Postman
- Carry out non-functional testing such as Accessibility, Usability, Security, and Performance testing
- Define test plans, carrying out testing of user stories, and reporting any bugs discovered.
- Ensure all artifacts created during testing are properly documented and kept up to date.
- Work closely with Developers to ensure test coverage is met
- Continuously look for ways to improve and evolve testing processes and code
What are we looking for in you
- Experience as a QA Engineer, SDET or similar role.
- Experience with Git
- Experience writing automated tests using Cypress or similar tools.
- Experience testing APIs using Postman or similar tools.
- Good understanding of various testing types, including exploratory testing, regression testing, accessibility testing, performance testing etc
- Experience in using a variety of tools to aid testing and knowing when to apply them.
- Understand the benefit of automation and when to apply it.
- Experience testing a serverless event-driven application would be beneficial.
- Keen attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Confident in collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Are passionate about testing, continuously looking to improve your own knowledge and skills
SPG is an equal opportunities employer. For SPG building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.