The Head of Marketing will report to the Customer Director and will be responsible for brand, marketing and supporting our sales team with collateral and campaigns. You will lead two team members already in role; brand designer and marketing manager, and will be responsible for the relationship with any external agencies.
We are right at the beginning of our journey, with a plan to launch in February 2022, so this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious marketeer to come and lay the foundations of how we take our business to market and build a future household brand.
Paycast has several blue-chip partnerships that have individual marketing requirements as well as ringfenced marketing budget tied to performance targets. The Head of Marketing will be responsible for leading and delivering on these partnership incentives as part of the central marketing strategy, ensuring that we are measuring and reporting activities aligned with the milestones, targets and processes that have been contractually agreed.
You will need to have broad experience across the full marketing spectrum; brand, advertising, PR, digital, social, CRM, events and more. In the short-term, we will work with agencies to give us specialist support in some of these areas, and in the mid-term we will bring in marketing specialist functions to lead the efforts. It will be important that you can set and steer the strategy for all marketing functions, inspiring your team and helping Paycast to stand-out and be known in the market and industry.
It will also be critical that you are confident in analysing our marketing performance, taking an approach of ongoing iteration and optimisation. Having never taken Paycast out to market beyond a simple website, we will want to test a range of approaches, learn what works best and quickly pivot strategies to deliver the best ROI for marketing spend and efforts.
You may have worked your way up in another technology-led business and are ready to step up into a leadership position, or perhaps come from agency world and want a new challenge. Whatever your journey, you will be brimming with ideas that you’re eager to try out, super confident in your marketing genius but also curious and willing to learn. Most importantly, we need a leader. Someone who will inspire, support and lift up their team, creating a culture of empowered people who deliver exceptional work at pace.
What you will do:
- Lead the brand strategy for Paycast, overseeing the development of brand assets, brand story and brand awareness/affiliation in the market and internally
- Lead the marketing strategy to support our sales function and growth targets
- Responsible for planning and executing all partner marketing activities and spend to deliver on pre-agreed targets
- Manage the marketing budget, be accountable for all spend and delivering ROI
- Lead, nurture and grow the brand and marketing team, with responsibility for managing external agencies and partnerships
What we are looking for in you:
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Experienced in marketing for technology-led businesses in regulated industries, ideally with payments and/or financial services experience
- Experience, passion and drive to deliver a compelling brand and marketing strategy to take Paycast to new heights
- Doer and a thinker – this is a start-up, so you’ll need to be comfortable doing as well as directing
- Comfortable and thrive in managing and operating as part of a small dynamic team
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and finding creative solutions
- Superior spoken, written and visual communication and presentation skills
SPG is an equal opportunities employer. For SPG building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.